Membership will be open to any scientist satisfying one of the following criteria:
- Holder of a Ph.D., or an M.Phil degree or its equivalent in physics or a related subject from a recognized University.
- A teacher of Physics in a University.
- A research physicists in an R&D organization or an educational institution.
- Membership of an applicant will be confirmed by the Executive Council.
- The membership fee will be Rs. 10/- and the annual subscription will be Rs. 100/-.
The following explanations and interpretations of the Constitution were made by the Executive Council of the Society at its first meeting held on March 15, 1990.
- The annual subscription would be for a calendar year.
- Period of membership would also be for a calendar year, which would be annually renewed only after the payment of the annual subscription.
- The members shall be given an option of life membership at a subscription of Rs. 1000/-. This subscription will be deposited in a fixed deposit account.
- Section IV dealing with the membership of the Society would be interpreted to mean as follows:
- In sub-section (a), “related subject” means any of the following:
- Applied Mathematics,
- Materials Science, and
- Physical Metallurgy.
- In sub-section (b), a teacher of physics in a university includes a teacher of a constituent (but not of an affiliated) college of a University.
- In sub-section (c), a research physicist means a person satisfying the following two conditions:
- who holds at least an M. Sc. degree, and
- who is employed as a full time research worker in an R&D organization, or in an educational institution under a research project sponsored or funded by a research grant.
For any change in Membership’s Details, please contact Secretary PPS.